There is no more important task within the Church than passing on the faith from one generation to the next. Parents are the first teachers of the faith to their children. Our goal is to build on your foundations as the first teachers and to create an environment that gives children the opportunity for spiritual growth by nurturing their appreciation and knowledge of their faith. We teach a curriculum that emphasizes the Gospel of the day, and the necessity of deepening our relationship with Jesus at each weekly Mass. We believe Jesus is the source and model for Christian life.
Our Religious Education Program makes the Mass the central focus of our teaching allowing us to expand your child’s sense of worship, praise and adoration. The curriculum follows the liturgical year and all classes begin with a discussion on the Gospel of the day. Attending weekly Sunday Mass gives the children the opportunity to understand the Gospel message and participate in the Eucharistic celebration at their own level.
The underlying philosophy of our Religious Education ministries is derived from the Second Vatican Council; to make faith, living, conscious and active. It is important that children be involved in the parish from an early age so that they acquire a consciousness of being an active member of our community. This involvement centers around the Sunday Liturgy, which should be part of the fabric of a child’s life, along with prayers, values, and works of charity that are taught at home.
Registration for Religious Education
You may click on the link below and fill out the registration online or print out the form drop it off at the Rectory.
2016 - 2017 RELIGIOUS EDUCATION REGISTRATION for Grades 1-10
Click on link below to fill out online registration form. In comment section please let us know any additional information that the teacher should know about your child, especially allergies.
Provide Baptismal Certificate if new to the program or making Sacraments or UNLESS baptized at Saint Ann Parish or Saint Brendan.
Write check for appropriate tuition, made out to St. Ann's
Grades 1 to 6 Fee $75.00 one student, $125.00 two students and $150.00 family max.
PJPll First Holy Communion Students $50
Confirmation Program $150.00 for entire program or $50 per year
Return copy of Baptismal Certificate (if applicable) and registration fee to:
Saint Ann Parish
243 Neponset Ave.
Dorchester, MA 02122
You may also pay online using PayPal click on the dropbox to select the correct amount.
When Do Classes Meet?
- Grades 1st through 6th - Classes meet Sunday mornings at 9:30a and conclude after the 10:30a Mass Click on link for yearly schedule.
- Classes Start and Religious Education Opening Mass - Sunday, September 25th classes start at 9:30 and conclude after the 10:30a Mass. Coffee and refreshments will be served in the school hall following Mass.
- St. Brendan/St Ann Confirmation Program Grades 7 through 9/10 – Classes will either meet Sundays at 4p (gr.9/10) or 4:15p (gr 7/8) at Saint Brendan’s or Fridays at 6:15p at Saint Ann’s
1. Monthly meetings – Four Sunday classes for grades 7 & 8 @ 4:15p, four Sunday classes for grade 9 @ 4p. Classes meet in the lower church at Saint Brendan's
2. TGIF Super Friday format –Two Friday evening classes for grades 7&8, four Friday classes for grade 9. Classes meet at 615p in Saint Ann's lower school hall.
Important Dates to remember
- First day of classes September 25th at 9:30
- Religious Education Opening Mass - Sunday, September 25th at 10:30a followed by coffee and pastries in the school hall
- Informational Confirmation meeting for parents and students new to the program on Sunday, September 25th following the Religious Education Opening Mass and refreshments following (approximately 12:00p) in the lower school hall
- Confirmations (Grade 10 class) - Sat, Nov 5th @ 11a at Saint Ann's Sat, Nov 5th @ 1:30p at Saint Brendan's
- First Reconciliation is Saturday, February 4th at 10:30 AM (prep classes Jan 22nd & 29th)
- First Communion is Saturday, May 6th at 10:30AM for Group A and 1:00PM for Group B. (prep classes Apr 9th, 23th & 30th - Rehearsal May 4th Group A @ 4p & Group B @ 5:30p)
Grade 2 Links
Mother's Day Mass 2013
First Holy Communion 2013
First Holy Communion 2013
All Saints Mass 2011
For information concerning Religious Education please contact the rectory at 617-825-6180
or email Mrs. Paula Skalinski at email@example.com
or fill out the form below