Neighborhood Children’s Theatre, Inc.
at St. Ann Parish, Dorchester
Good afternoon, NCT friends,
We are still reeling from the horrific events of the marathon bombings. We grieve with the sticken Richard family from St. Ann Parish in the loss of their son, Martin. We continue to pray for the healing of serious injuries sustained by Jane Richard and those sustained by Denise, William and Henry Richard. The 10:30 A.M. mass at Saint Ann Parish on Sunday will be offered for Martin Richard and for the healing of the Richard family. I hope that many of you will attend.
Fr. Sean and Saint Ann Parish have given us new available dates for Cast 2 and Cast 3 presentations of THE WIZARD OF OZ.The new dates for Cast 2 and Cast 3 for THE WIZARD OF OZ are Saturday, May 18 at 7 P.M. and Sunday, May 19 at 1:00 P.M. at Saint Ann Parish Hall. We will not be able to present the shows unless we have the following assistance:
1. We will need at least 4 volunteers to move the set on Saturday May 18 at 8:00 A.M. from 82 Moss Hill Road to St. Ann Parish. An open truck is necessary for the magic bridge flats, house flats, storm cellar. Large vans can assist, as well. We need the same number to return the set on Sunday after the show.
2. We will need at least 8 parent volunteers with cars to move the lights, backdrop, props, and costumes - keyboards. We need the same number to return these items on Sunday after the show.
3. We need at least 2 strong people to move the sound equipment including the brain, mikes, cords, speakers, stands. We need the same number for the return trip on Sunday after the show.
4. We need at least 2 people to move the snacks and the program books.
5. We need volunteers to work (4) backstage for each of the productions and to work in the (4) dressing room, helping the children to stay focused and putting on make-up, costumes, etc.
6. ALL CHILDREN SHOULD HAVE A BROWN PAPER BAG WITH THEIR NAME ON IT TO ACT AS A PLACE TO PUT THEIR OWN PERSONAL ITEMS.
Thank you for your understanding, extra effort and continued support!
P.S. We are blessed to have this second opportunity to present our programs and to give all of the children a time to demonstrate their work. This is all due to the compassion and understanding of Fr. Sean Connor, Pastor of Saint Ann Parish. We are truly grateful.
Neighborhood Children’s Theatre, Inc. at St. Ann Parish, Dorchester directed byMrs. Michelle McCourt, is for children, ages 7-18 who like to sing, dance and act.NCT class/rehearsal will be conducted Tuesday from 3:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. in the Music Room in the school (PJP2 Neponset) beginning Tuesday, September ll. (N.B. More rehearsals may be necessary before major productions.)
NCT will present holiday concerts between Columbus Day and Christmas.NCT will present one Major Broadway Musical Theatre Production, this year, during April vacation, 2012. Members of NCT will travel on a concert-tour (additional cost).
Students must purchase a red polo uniform shirt with their first name on the front and “Boston” on the back (1 ½ in. white letters) for performance, obtainable at Super-Flash T-shirts, 1731 Centre St. West Roxbury (Ask for Chuck 617-323-9374.).Students will wear navy uniform pants and white sneakers.
Annual membership, September through June, is $100 per child (with family discount for more than one child). Please make checks payable to Neighborhood Children’s Theatre of Boston, Inc. For more information, e-mail NCTBoston@comcast.net. NCT is a non-profit organization. Dues pay for Royalties, rentals, choreographer, special musicians and concert arrangements. Funds collected from performances are used to help pay part of the members’ concert-tours.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Michelle McCourt, DirectorNCTBoston@comcast.net
NCT at St. Ann flyer 2012 permission slip.doc
NCT performs at Fenway Park
Opening Act for the NKOTBSB Concert
Come and sing for the Lord!
Saint Ann Adult Choir
The Saint Ann Parish Adult Choir serves as leaders of song at the traditional 4:00 P.M. mass on Saturdays. Choir members share their faith in song and rehearse on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 P.M. -8:00 P.M. in the church. They serve in music ministry at the Parish liturgies from September through Pentecost.The Saint Ann Adult Choir will resume on Tuesday evening, September 20 at 6:30 P.M. in the Church.The adult choir also sings at the Parish Christmas party which will be held (tentatively) on Saturday, December 17 after the 4:00 P.M. mass. in the Parish Hall.New members are encouraged to join the choir family!
Saint Ann Teen Choir
The Saint Ann Parish Teen Choir serves as leaders of song at the 5:30 P.M. mass on Sundays. This group of High School and College students meets on Sundays at 5:00 P.M. to rehearse Contemporary Choir music.The Teen Choir will resume on Sunday, October 2. New members are encouraged to join!
Saint Ann Youth Choir
The Saint Ann Youth Choir for students ages 6-18, will resume rehearsals on Tuesdaysfrom 2:30 P.M.-3:30 P.M. at Saint Ann Church beginning Tuesday, September 20, 2011. Students will also rehearse on Sundays from 10:00 A.M. to 10:30 A.M. and sing at the 10:30 A.M. Family mass, weekly. For more information contact Mrs. Michelle McCourt, Music Director at email@example.com